Imagine you flying in an aircraft at 14000 feet and the person next to you taps your shoulder and says "hey mate are you ready to jump off the plane?"... your first response would be " Wat?You must be crazy!!!". But what if you have paid $500 for that and the person has to jump with you for the amount he has taken from you. Yeah, thats what happened at 14000 feet above the Great Barrier Reef few months back!!
I always wanted to do something adventurous in life and it never came true when I was in India. The day I knew about my trip to Australia, I started googling for the most adventurous things that can be done in this heavenly country and the first thing that came up on the screen was Skydiving above "The Great Barrier Reef". Fully determined to jump off the plane , I booked the ticket to cairns with a group of friends and I was in this place called Pauls Skydiving the very next hour of landing in Cairns!
We were welcomed by a sweet receptionist and I was wondering if she is gonna jump off with me!! Oh my god!, 14K feet above and with a sweet gal, who will say no?I already started dreaming about that but that was short lived, I could see a person who exactly looked like Andrew Symonds brother coming towards me with a big smile saying "Hi Antony, I am XYZ and I will be jumping with you!". Hmmm, I was not scared about the jump but defenitely to jump with a person rather a monster like him!!
Took all the basic instructions about sky diving and we took off above the ocean to start the adventurous jump. Take offs and the view were never exiting to me as I have done enough flying and enough of peeping through the window :-)... Only thing that exited me was flying in an aircraft without a door!! Yeah you got me right, an aircraft without a door and we were sitting very next to it hoping not to be sucked out by the wind! But nothing crazy like that happened and we started ascending alltitudes and finally to the limit of 14000 feet.
Mr.XYZ tapped me and said "Are you ready, we will be seeing the almighty soon"... :-( ... Determined to see the almighty I slowly started moving towards the door and trust me, that was the craziest part in my life... to sit out of an aircrafts door at 14K feet facing the blades of the aircraft. I could see my grandpa and grandma waving hands from heaven at that moment... Anyways, we have come so far, just trust in god and jump offf!!!! and the monster started counting 1.... 2.... and 3.............. am offf the plane........
I always wanted to do something adventurous in life and it never came true when I was in India. The day I knew about my trip to Australia, I started googling for the most adventurous things that can be done in this heavenly country and the first thing that came up on the screen was Skydiving above "The Great Barrier Reef". Fully determined to jump off the plane , I booked the ticket to cairns with a group of friends and I was in this place called Pauls Skydiving the very next hour of landing in Cairns!
We were welcomed by a sweet receptionist and I was wondering if she is gonna jump off with me!! Oh my god!, 14K feet above and with a sweet gal, who will say no?I already started dreaming about that but that was short lived, I could see a person who exactly looked like Andrew Symonds brother coming towards me with a big smile saying "Hi Antony, I am XYZ and I will be jumping with you!". Hmmm, I was not scared about the jump but defenitely to jump with a person rather a monster like him!!
Took all the basic instructions about sky diving and we took off above the ocean to start the adventurous jump. Take offs and the view were never exiting to me as I have done enough flying and enough of peeping through the window :-)... Only thing that exited me was flying in an aircraft without a door!! Yeah you got me right, an aircraft without a door and we were sitting very next to it hoping not to be sucked out by the wind! But nothing crazy like that happened and we started ascending alltitudes and finally to the limit of 14000 feet.
Mr.XYZ tapped me and said "Are you ready, we will be seeing the almighty soon"... :-( ... Determined to see the almighty I slowly started moving towards the door and trust me, that was the craziest part in my life... to sit out of an aircrafts door at 14K feet facing the blades of the aircraft. I could see my grandpa and grandma waving hands from heaven at that moment... Anyways, we have come so far, just trust in god and jump offf!!!! and the monster started counting 1.... 2.... and 3.............. am offf the plane........
No comments:
Post a Comment